sábado, 21 de mayo de 2016

Yackandandah :)

I arrived to Australia (Sydney) in the early morning, and took a train to Yackandandah. The very first thought I had when the train got out of the station was “Wow, there’s green everywhere!” I was really amazed by the large extensions of field.
Even though it was a really long trip, I wasn't tired at all. I was really excited to meet my new partners and the rescue center, and also to visit the fantastic places I had been talked about. 
So, I arrived to the station and a person from the organization I am volunteering for was waiting for me. Her name was Sheila is she is really nice. She took me to the place where I will be living for the next months: a lovely cabin surrounded by field and trees, which I will be sharing with a girl named Lucía who is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Then, Sheila and I went to the rescue center and walked around the facilities so I could get familiarized with the place and meet the other volunteers. Although the facilities were in the middle of the woods, they were really well taken care of, clean, comfortable…
After seeing everything I had to, I was given time get installed and get to know Yackandandah. I had lunch in a little restaurant in the tiny town. I expected it to be bigger, but it turns out that there are no more than 700 habitants, of course it is not a problem at all, it just shocked me.
Later, I had a tour in a gold mine, that Sheila had recommended me to take, and I really appreciated because I got to learn more about the town’s history.
By the time the tour ended, I was really exhausted, so I came back to the cabin and here I am, telling you about my first day in Australia.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario